Digital Marketing Strategist Matthew Woodley
I’m Matthew Woodley and as a digital marketing strategist I help businesses generate more revenue through digital marketing.
I am a freelance digital marketing consultant dedicated to helping clients generate leads, protect their online reputation, develop and design beautiful websites and increase online visibility using proven results based internet marketing strategies. I can help you by:
- Design and implementation of bespoke digital marketing strategies while you sit back and watch the leads roll in.
- Need help with online reputation management? Let me implement my proven ORM strategies.
- Looking for new ways to grow? I am the fresh pair of eyes to hep you turn things around.
- Want to generate move leads from your current digital assets? I can run a comprehensive conversion rate optimization campaign to increase leads from existing properties.
Have an idea? Need help with lead generation or digital marketing? Just want to chat?
Thanks for stopping by.
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- You don’t need to be an professional or expert in order to achieve satisfactory returns from your digital marketing efforts. But if you aren’t, you must recognize your limitations and strictly follow Google’s guidelines. Keep things simple and don’t swing for the fences. Focus on producing quality content and improving user experience. When approached by “SEO companies” promising and guaranteeing “number one Google rankings”, respond with a quick “no”.
- Focus on long term efforts rather than “quick wins”. If you do not feel comfortable taking advantage of the latest “Google loophole”, just forget it and stick to the fundamentals. Google will reward your consistent efforts and not once off “Set and Forget” or “automated” strategies. The old adage “If it Sounds Too Good to Be True, it Probably Is” certainly applies here. Outsourcing your digital marketing efforts to an offshore company promising overnight rankings will at best do nothing and at worst get your website penalized by Google.
- If you instead focus on “gaming Google” by focusing on and pursing “black hat” strategies to improving your ranking, you are gambling. Whilst this can be extremely tempting (especially if your competitors have decided purse this route) you are tempting fate and ultimately risk your website being de-indexed and having to start from scratch. This is ultimately your decision but I know, however, that I am unable to implement long term sustainable “black hat” strategies, and I am skeptical of those who claim sustained success at doing so. Half of all-coin flippers will win their first toss; none of those winners has an expectation of profit it he continues to play the game. And the fact that a given “Google hack” or “loophole” has worked recently is never a reason to think it will continue to work. To quote Warren Buffet, “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.”
- When it comes to link building, act if Google doesn’t exist. Focus on obtaining the kind of links you would want regardless of whether Google exists. If you run a local business wouldn’t you want a link from your local chamber of commerce?
- Regarding the digital marketing strategies I implement I have only ever focused on what ROI my efforts would produce and not the daily rankings on Google of my target keywords. Games are won by players who focus on the playing field – not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard.
- Forming opinions on current and future Google algorithm ranking factors is a waste of time. Indeed, it is dangerous because it may blur your vision of the facts that are truly important. The fundamentals haven’t changed; focus your efforts on quality content, a great user experience and relevant links and you won’t go wrong.
Bespoke Web Design Services
We are passionate about making cool and new things for the web or improving upon existing things to make them even cooler. We have learned a few things over the years about what makes a good website tick, both visually and functionally. We specialize in custom WordPress designs that focus on conversions.
Honest and Independent Web Hosting Advice
Every website needs and good host and finding a reputable hosting company can be a real pinpoint for many small businesses. Whilst most hosting companies will offer what appears to be an identical service the reality is there are widely varying qualities of web hosting services. This can make it extremely difficult to differentiate between services and find out which is the best web hosting company for you. There is a lot of technological jargon to understand too (CPU resources, SSD, SSL, cPanel, PHP, LiteSpeed, Caching, etc.) which makes it all the more confusing. This is why we have reviewed and compared different website hosting companies.
More Than Digital Marketing
In addition to providing bespoke digital marketing services for clients, I offer digital marketing consulting, training, RFP vetting, link building consultations and blueprints and in house digital marketing training.